CannaCraft is one of the largest Cannabis companies in California, representing AbsoluteExtracts, Care By Design and Satori Chocolates. We are looking for a dynamic Regional Sales Manager to grow our Southern California territory revenue! The RSM is responsible for supervisory accountability for 6-12 Account Executives, as well as for supporting development of key customers. This position requires a high level of clear, effective communication and will work closely with the VP of Sales, as well as the internal leadership team.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Achieve high growth rates for the region by clearly communicating, coaching and developing the regional sales team to exceed the assigned objectives.
- Ensure that distribution, promotional, merchandising, and pricing goals are delivered for the territory and for key accounts.
- Recruit, select, hire, train, coach, and develop the sales team through frequent in-field coaching, focused direction, and sharing of best practices among the team members.
- Develop and implement a strategic account coverage plan that ensures we have our best resources responsible for our highest potential customers. Make sure every territory is staffed with an effective sales professional, and is assigned the right number of accounts, volume level, and geography.
- Ensure that administrative duties are met continually, including: SOPs, CRM usage, AR processes, and deadlines.
- Understand our customer’s needs, and develop the proper plan for each major market to cover the right accounts with either internal or external resources. Make certain that all field assigned customers are receiving optimal contact.
- Work with the events team to develop an in-market training schedule with each sales professional.
- Conduct standing weekly calls with each Account Executive to ensure clear communication and accountability.
- Build strong customer relationships to help gain support for our brands, products, programs and people. Make account visits with Account Executives to help build our presence.
- Communicate market conditions and needs to VP of Sales and the marketing team to ensure our programs and plans are competitive, focused, and successful. Actively participate in strategic planning meetings to help drive the process that results in a successful strategy.
- Lead regional sales team meetings monthly, including agenda items from marketing, finance and other departments.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Accountability for achieving results; high integrity and reliability.
- Proven ability to build and lead a successful sales team with continuous improvement through coaching/development and sharing of best practices.
- Provide strategic direction for team.
- Strategic and analytical skills to understand and use sales data, internal sales information, CRM,, and external competitive intelligence to build a winning approach for the regional sales team and CC internally
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner, providing encouragement, coaching, and reprimand when necessary to build and continue elevating sales teams.
- Demonstrated personal initiative, effective planning and organization skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Ability to understand and analyze sales reports.
- The ability to travel 40%-80% is required for this position. Expected field travel a minimum of 12 days a month.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years outside sales management experience, preferably in the consumables market
- 5-7 years sales experience, preferably within the consumables market
We offer a competitive base salary plus commission. Comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits, plus PTO are offered after 60 days of full time employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We look forward to hearing from you!