Deibel Labs is a Food & Cannabis Testing Laboratory in Santa Cruz, California and is seeking a Chemistry Lab Technician for a full-time position (40 hours/week and benefits included). Competitive salary based upon knowledge and experience. Company pays 100% of health insurance premiums for self and family. Company also offers a self-funded dental plan, vision plan, and 401K option along with profit sharing. Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Technicians will primarily be responsible for assisting, running, troubleshooting, and analyzing cannabis samples with a GC, HPLC and/or ICP system utilizing standardized and in-house lab methodology; and performing basic and complex laboratory operations including sampling, chromatographic and material assays. Previous experience and a high level of competency in cannabis testing is required.
- Set up samples, assist with running and troubleshooting GC, HPLC and ICP systems.
- Maintains validated ISO 17025 standards of performance for analytical chemical testing.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Formulate and clearly communicate ideas, both verbally and in writing.
- Works independently and within a collaborative group environment.
- Help develop procedures for documenting results from data collected.
- Ensure test equipment is clean, maintained and in good working order.
- Maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work area.
- Bachelors of Science Degree or greater is preferred however, a relevant combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 2 years analytical lab experience.
- Experience with creating statistical methods of data analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with
the following instrumentation: HPLC, GCMS, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS, ICPMS.
- Hands-on experience with instrument maintenance and trouble-shooting.
- Experience importing, validating and exporting electronic data in a variety of formats.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to have a flexible schedule for days that require overtime.