Job ID: 14271
Company: VertriKal Tech LLC
Location: Auburn, ME 04210
Salary: $3,406 - $4,163 a month
Number of Vacancy: 1
Employment Type: Contractor
Posted: 30+ days ago
Deadline: 01 Jan, 2023
Excellent position for motivated team player experienced in the areas of reproducing clean disease-free plants, micro propagation and plant development specific to cannabis and hemp cultivars. This position will provide the flexibility to manage the day to day operations with the enthusiasm and excitement that there is strong potential for profit sharing and professional growth.
We have high expectations yet provide a nurturing work environment for someone seeking to advance professionally and economically in the exciting cannabis sector.
The candidate should possess knowledge of aseptic and in vitro techniques and overall plant tissue culture methods and practices, as well as general understanding and application of scientific principles, theories and concepts in the field of cannabis plant tissue culture and transformation.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting the daily activities to meet the scheduled deliveries of our cliental while remaining flexible while following safety guidelines.
Preparation of plant tissue culture media and stock solutions.
The incumbent will also be responsible for properly documenting and maintaining high-quality data through the use of databases in addition to a properly maintained notebook.
The individuals will also be expected to actively participate in activities within and outside their area of expertise, including supporting plant production and screening in other client’s gardens, greenhouse and field environments when needed. Must wear PPE including but not limited to lab coat, gloves, eye protection, and face mask.
· A degree in Biology, Plant biotechnology, plant science, or related field.
· Ability to engineer growth medias for specific outcomes and techniques.
· Hands-on experience in initiating and maintaining
cannabis cell cultures, and familiarity with different plant transformation technologies including but not limited to meristem harvesting, liquid cultures and bioreactors. Plant cryogenics is also preferred but not required.
· Ability to dictate, formulate, implement and follow protocols and SOPs and to effectively communicate results in both written and oral forms.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work on diverse teams and to actively participate in collaborative efforts.
· Ability to work under limited to no supervision and is expected to manage entry level and intern lab technicians.
· Successful candidate will have strong data and record keeping skills.
· Ability to schedule plant cycles and deliverables.
· Know and remedy “sick” plants and the ability to “clean” genetics.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $3,406.00 - $4,163.00 per month
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Auburn, ME 04210 (Preferred)
- Cannabis and Hemp: 2 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings