Summary of Position:
The Grow Technician aids in the production, maintenance and health of all crops by performing tasks assigned by the Facilities Manager. Responsible for plant quality, trimming, and the overall efficiency of the OPC. May help with tagging, packaging, manifesting and other special projects upon request.
Grow Technician Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may vary depending on workload, staffing levels and direction from management.
- Must have current MMJ badge.
- Monitor daily crop progress to ensure good quality.
- Oversight of daily tasks such as watering, manicuring, cloning, harvesting, team of trimmers, growth regulating and pest management, etc.
- Manage and troubleshoot greenhouse environmental control and irrigation systems.
- Equipment care, perform preventative maintenance to ensure a long life.
- Complete tasks and special projects as needed.
- Review growing/watering schedule.
- Generating mother plants from seed, pruning, transplanting and filling/mixing soil .
- Ensure proper spray techniques and scouting methods are adhered to.
- Mixing nutrients and fine tuning of pH solutions.
- Harvesting final product; drying and curing.
- Bookkeeping; maintain counts and logs as well as return tags according to MITS compliance.
- Housekeeping; removes excess plant material, water and trash from all rooms.
- Execute and enforce compliance efforts of all local and state regulations.
- When needed-oversight of in-store maintenance including but not limited to; HVAC, plumbing, repairs, snow and technology fixes.
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development as needed.
- Physical duties may be required including but not limited to; lifting and moving boxes, inventory and/or equipment. Makes sure all operations