Job ID: 14970
Company: Presidential Garden Group, Inc
Location: Sacramento, CA 95826
Salary: $15 - $19 an hour
Number of Vacancy: 1
Employment Type: Contractor
Posted: 1 weeks ago
Deadline: 01 Jan, 2023
Cultivation Technician is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day procedures that ensure the successful cultivation of cannabis plants, including but not limited to; feeding, pruning, washing, planting, transplanting, flushing, harvesting and handling, under the guidance of the Cultivation Manager. This team member will ensure that the facility is kept safe and compliant with OSHA standards, state, and local regulations at all times. They will be responsible for following all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as they relate to various aspects of our cultivation process and to maintain compliance throughout the facility. The Cultivation Technician is responsible for maintaining the high quality of live and harvested product while paying close attention to detail during the cultivation process.
We are looking for a hard-working, detail-oriented, dependable individual with a friendly and collaborative attitude and startup mentality to join our growing team.
These include but are not limited to (other duties may be assigned):
- Ensure accurate data collection for METRC and internal databases.
- Aide in all aspects of plant life cycle, including but not limited to; plant watering, defoliating, cleaning, feeding, fertilizing, and transplanting, as assigned.
- Assist with order fulfillment, drying, curing, and trimming.
- Follows Integrated Pest Management procedures to prevent contamination and ensure overall plant health.
- Perform all assigned duties required to ensure a clean and safe cultivation facility. Responsible for the cleanliness of all cultivation equipment and tools.
- Follow all safety protocols and policies; demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Minimum age of 21 years.
- LiveScan background check required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Experience cultivating cannabis is not required, but other relevant agricultural or plant life science knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Requires working rotating shifts with varied hours/day, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Fundamental knowledge, as well as the ability and interest to be taught and guided in areas related to cultivation and processing operations and procedures.
- Shows self-motivation and the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and other team members.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as company issued face coverings, coveralls, gloves, hair/beard nets, at all times as needed, as this position may be exposed to splash hazards, high temperatures, high humidity, and chemicals. Complete training will be provided upon hiring.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull and balance up to 50 lbs. (100 lbs. with assistance) and must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product.
- Regularly required to perform cleaning, carrying, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, climbing ladders, bending/crouching, stooping, stretching, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday