The Cultivation Technician plays a crucial role in our production of high-quality cannabis products and reports directly to the Assistant Head Cultivator. To be successful in this position the ideal candidate will be highly motivated, detail oriented, and enjoy working with plants and organics. This is a labor-intensive position and requires working on your feet and/or on the ground for the entire shift with frequent lifting of plants, pots, hoses, soil, nutrients, and other materials. The Cultivation Technician provides daily care of cannabis plants from planting to harvest, and from harvest to drying and processing the plants for shipment to the processing facility. During the cultivation season, the Cultivation Technician provides quality care and attention to the growing process of the plants from clone to harvest which includes pruning, trimming, watering and providing nutrients. The Cultivation Technician also assists with harvesting the plants and processing the plants through the hanging, curing and packaging of the finished products. Detailed recordkeeping, strict adherence to the company’s operating procedures, and compliance with the state regulations is essential for this position.
- Daily plant care, including watering, pruning and trimming, inspecting the plants.
- Fertilizing and providing nutrients to the plants according to cultivation protocols set forth by the Assistant Head Cultivator.
- Careful monitoring of the plants for any signs of growing issues or problems; treatment for disease or pests.
- Assist with de-leafing and harvesting, including hanging, curing and drying the plants.
- Continuous systematic cleaning and sanitizing of grow facility and machinery; dispose of waste according to strict compliance guidelines.
- Accurate tracking and
recording of data during each phase of the cultivation process.
- Ensure the appropriate information is accurate and listed clearly in accordance with the state regulations and company standard operating procedures.
- Carefully follow directions as provided by the Lead Grower.
- Willingness to continue to learn best practices of cannabis cultivation with a strong interest in horticulture, agriculture and greenhouse operating systems.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
- Must be 18+, with a valid State ID, and able to pass additional background screening.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work on your feet for the entire shift.
- Ability to lift 60 lb. unassisted.
- Basic knowledge of cannabis cultivation.
- Strong desire to work in cultivation or agriculture and a willingness to quickly learn about growing and harvesting high-quality plants.
- High level of integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player.
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment.
- 1 year of experience working in a commercial cannabis cultivation facility.
- Pesticide handler permit & relevant safety training.
- Experience working with Microsoft office applications and/or Google Docs & Sheets.
- Experience working with Metrc.
- Experience working with Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree in plant science, horticulture, agriculture or related field is preferred, but not necessary. We will provide comprehensive training.
- 2 to 3 years working in a team environment.
Viola was founded by Al Harrington, a former NBA player who was a first-round pick in the 1998 NBA draft. Al went on to play for 16 seasons and became personally aware of the medicinal benefits of cannabis after suffering complications from a botched knee surgery towards the end of his NBA career. But the