We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for growing plants. It is more important that you like growing plants of any sort than it is that you like using cannabis. We would like to see candidates with a strong work ethic, ability to multitask and excellent problem-solving skills. Applicant will work under general supervision of master grower and department lead to maintain a large-scale production cannabis cultivation.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Applying organic pest control products by spray or drench
- Pruning plants in various stages of growth
- propagation from seed or cuttings
- Irrigation system maintenance
- Defoliating plants in late flower stage
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion
- Ability to work on your feet for an 8 hour shift
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Works well as part of a team
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Pest identification
- Knowledge of plant nutrient deficiencies
- Experience spraying pest control products
- Experience with cannabis pruning techniques
Qualified candidates must be able to pass a Criminal Background screening and have a valid OLCC Marijuana Handler’s Permit.
If your resume does not list cannabis, horticulture or agriculture experience, please tell us about any relevant experience you may have.
College education is not required, but candidates with educational background in horticulture, botany, biology, chemistry or other scientific fields are encouraged to apply. Please tell us a little about your background.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- can you lift 75 lbs?
- Can you perform repetitive tasks on your feet for eight hours in an 80 degree room with bright lights?
- Are you allergic to cannabis?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- OLCC cannabis worker permit (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place