The Cannabis Consultant is responsible for providing exceptional individualized customer service, educational consulting, and in some cases patient record management.
Our ideal Cannabis Consultant has a positive upbeat attitude and a desire to help people find the best product for their needs. A background in retail and hospitality is highly preferred (1-2 years), but customer service experience is required.
- Possess a positive attitude while greeting customers and patients
- Be an advocate of cannabis customer care
- Help customers and patients navigate through cannabis and educate them on how it can be used as a wellness product
- Build rapport with regular patients/customers to promote repeat business
- Work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic retail environment
- Provide patients and customers alike with information on types, methods and efficacy of various cannabis products (we do not provide medical advice)
- Be open to continued, on-going cannabis education and training
- Provide support to managers and other Cannabis Consultants as needed
- Maintain a clean, organize, and sanitize workstation/store front
- Ensure accuracy of online orders before pick-up
- Understand and apply detailed compliance regulations as required by local and state laws
- Stock, merchandise, and replenish displays of regulated and unregulated inventory
- Complete transactions at the POS and ensure the state monitored inventory system (METRC, BioTrack, etc.) accurately updates the amount of product available
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of retail or hospitality experience
- Must be 21 years of age and comply with all local, state, and company regulations
- Required to undergo a criminal background check and appropriate state badging (as directed by
- Desire to learn about cannabinoids, terpenes and product application/consumption methods
- Ability to use office equipment (computers and printers) and their included software i.e. Word, Excel, email, etc.
- Learn and understand Federal, State, and local laws relating to the cannabis industry and safety regulations