GreenGate Chicago is growing, and we are looking to add passionate, customer service focused talent to our store! The Cannabis Consultant is responsible for providing exceptional individualized customer service, educational consulting, and in some cases patient record management.
Our ideal Cannabis Consultant has a positive upbeat attitude and a desire to help people find the best product for their needs. A background in retail and hospitality is highly preferred (1-2 years), but customer service experience is required.
- Possess a positive attitude while greeting customers and patients
- Be an advocate of cannabis customer care
- Help customers and patients navigate through cannabis and educate them on how it can be used as a wellness product
- Build rapport with regular patients/customers to promote repeat business
- Work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic retail environment
- Provide patients and customers alike with information on types, methods and efficacy of various cannabis products (we do not provide medical advice)
- Be open to continued, on-going cannabis education and training
- Provide support to managers and other Cannabis Consultants as needed
- Maintain a clean, organize, and sanitize workstation/store front
- Ensure accuracy of online orders before pick-up
- Understand and apply detailed compliance regulations as required by local and state laws
- Stock, merchandise, and replenish displays of regulated and unregulated inventory
- Complete transactions at the POS and ensure the state monitored inventory system (METRC, BioTrack, etc.) accurately updates the amount of product available
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of retail or hospitality experience
- Must be 21 years of age and comply with all local, state, and company
- Required to undergo a criminal background check and appropriate state badging (as directed by state ordinances)
- Desire to learn about cannabinoids, terpenes and product application/consumption methods
- Ability to use office equipment (computers and printers) and their included software i.e. Word, Excel, email, etc.
- Learn and understand Federal, State, and local laws relating to the cannabis industry and safety regulations