We are one of California’s premier licensed cannabis manufacturing and distribution companies located in Santa Cruz, California. As a vertically integrated company we manufacture and distribute a full suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, tinctures, spray, transdermal patch and inhaler’s.
The Asst. Production Manager will assist a in vital role for the Company’s extraction, manufacturing, distillation, post production, packaging, inventory control, regulatory compliance and fleet management operations. S/he will be responsible for overseeing product development, processing, quality and safety, efficiency, production scheduling, fleet scheduling, packaging, software system integration developing and maintaining a system that includes API's using State required METRC software and product standards for extraction, manufacturing, and distribution of all products.
S/he will have responsibility for directing and managing all areas of extraction, post processing, distillation, manufacturing, strategic planning, quality standards, regulatory compliance, and SOPs and KPIs across all departments.
As an ideal candidate, you must have experience in the MMJ / Cannabis industry and will work closely with the lab technicians, extraction techs, logistic manager, fleet and logistic mangers/directors and all management within he company.
This role represents a unique opportunity to participate in the build-out and ground up structuring of all business strategies, procedures both processing, safety and compliance with organizational development of a new and well funded growing company as a member of its senior executive team.
The location of the position will be based out of our headquarters in Santa Cruz CA.
- Manage extraction / post processing / fleet
logistics / manufacturing activities, packaging, system integration, safety and quality.
- Research, recommend and develop and deliver innovative solutions to continuously improve product quality, reduce manufacturing, distribution and operating costs, increase efficiency, and improve overall operations while maintaining state and local regulatory compliance.
- Provide and apply a current understanding of industry knowledge, best practices, supplier network capabilities, supply chain processing.
- Evaluate, improve, and establish SOPs and KPIs that align with best practices.
- Provide subject matter expertise for evaluation of best practices: manufacturing (including scheduling), data collection, equipment selection, packaging and automation.
- Ensure consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing procedures.
- Establish procedures that optimize the efficiency of manufacturing facilities, allowing maximum utilization so that company resources will function at the highest level of productivity.
- Develop a Quality Control (SOP) and department to establish policies and protocols according to regulatory requirements.
- Manage, implement, and maintain necessary programs and processes for ISO 9001 compliance and cGMP compliance.
- Understand various types of extraction and post processing techniques and equipment. This includes hydrocarbon, C02, and ethanol.
- Responsible for product compliance with Federal and State regulatory requirements as well as ensuring compliance with Corporate, Health, Safety, Sanitation, Quality, and other regulations.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive managerial experience in MMJ / Cannabis operations in the manufacturing /processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Operations, Engineering or related applied science degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven strategic experience in overseeing all aspects