The analytical lab technician is responsible for performing laboratory tests to support the Quality and R&D needs of the plant. Primary responsibilities include performing routine analysis according to set methodology, review and reporting of data, daily maintenance and calibration of analytical instrumentation, and following cGMP guidelines and laboratory safety practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs bench chemistry to prepare samples for instrumental analysis. Sample preparation includes repetitive weighing, extraction, and dilution, to be performed according to established methodology
- Working on a computer to facilitate instrument analysis and data entry. Includes using software to batch, run, and analyze data from various pieces of instrumentation (primarily HPLC, but also includes GC-MS and ICP-MS). Intake of samples according to established laboratory practices. Data entry to various databases and communication with other departments to distribute results.
- Runs and records tuning, calibrations, and continuing calibration verification on instrumentation to maintain data integrity and ensure health of the instrument. Performs light and routine instrument upkeep and maintenance as needed.
- Works with teams (inter- and intra- departmental) to improve/establish sample preparation techniques
Performs other duties as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in biological or physical science is required.
- Knowledge of scientific principles, terminology and techniques related to cannabis processing and testing. Previous HPLC and/or GC experience is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of laboratory practices which ensure safety, accuracy and efficiency.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures which guide employees at Trulieve.
- Skills in the proper use of analytical instrumentation and equipment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, efficiently manage time, utilize problem solving and critical thinking skills, keep detailed and accurate records and maintain confidentiality concerning laboratory matters.
- Ability to interact and work cooperatively with staff.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Due to the nature of our business, it is advocated that when representing Trulieve that our professionalism meets the needs of the medical patient base that we respectively serve. To uniformly align with the organization, an individual must be able to provide a level of communication that aligns respectively with the diversification of our patients which may exhibit opportunities to assess the situation and apply meaningful service. In addition, must be able to quickly identify and insert additional support where needed to deescalate situations without compromising Trulieve’s objective in serving our patient base with excellent customer service.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance.
- 40 hours weekly with flexible hours depending on business needs.
- Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.